- The MP8511 UV (ultraviolet) Sensor works by outputing an analog signal in relation to the amount of UV light that’s detected.
- This breakout can be very handy in creating devices that warn the user of sunburn or detect the UV index as it relates to weather conditions.
- This sensor detects 280-390nm light most effectively. This is categorized as part of the UVB (burning rays) spectrum and most of the UVA (tanning rays) spectrum.
- It outputs a analog voltage that is linearly related to the measured UV intensity (mW/cm2). If your microcontroller can do an analog to digital signal conversion then you can detect the level of UV!
- Documents: Schematic, Eagle Files, Datasheet, Hookup Guide, GitHub (Design Files & Example Code), Product Video, Dimension:13mm x 11mm x1mm